ESG investment is booming
ESG investment is booming, and financial services firms are increasingly realising the advantages of embedding sustainability and their role in optimising economic performance.
Today, ESG investments make up a significant proportion of the world’s professionally managed assets, totalling trillions of dollars. And that amount is growing every year.
This boom has considerable knock-on impacts to the finance world:
- Regulation is becoming more comprehensive and specific, with mandatory compliance with disclosure frameworks, such as the Task Force on Climate-Related Disclosures (TCFD) and the Sustainability Finance Disclosure Regulation (SFDR).
- Enhanced risk with ESG factors such as human rights and natural resource use now treated as material risks when evaluating the prospects and health of a company
- Corporate responsibility is evolving, with ESG management increasingly seen as a critical component of long-term financial returns
- Reputation which can be bolstered by ESG disclosure – is at risk if companies cannot back up their sustainability claims with data and facts
How we can help with your ESG integration
Sancroft’s advisors will work closely with you to integrate ESG considerations, approaches and policies at the right level of your business to meet your commercial needs. This will help you navigate a range of challenges at the right time and pace, improve financial performance and yield reputational gains.
We know that every company is unique. That’s why we only offer bespoke solutions, tailoring our support to your specific needs, risks and opportunities.
We also understand that different levels of the organisation need different approaches, and our expert advice is grounded in international best practice using the frameworks that are most meaningful for each of your businesses, portfolios and assets.
Our typical ESG integration projects have two stages:
Ambition and roadmap
- Materiality assessment
- Peer benchmarking
- Regulatory scan
- Current state baseline
- Future state gap analysis
- Strategic ESG integration roadmap
- Recommendations for a tailored ESG Framework
- A clear set of prioritised actions for implementation, including specific tools, policies and procedures
Implement, monitor, review and report
- The creation of ESG tools, documents, guides and policies
- Defining of ESG roles/committees and knowledge requirements
- Updated Responsible Investment (RI) policy
- ESG Due Diligence Questionnaire
- Onboarding process
- Training workshops