Founded in 1997 by former Secretary of State for the Environment, Lord Deben (The Rt Hon. John Gummer), Sancroft is a London-based sustainability consultancy. We help some of the world’s biggest brands improve their ethical, environmental and social performance. Sancroft’s clients include The Coca-Cola Company, Primark, John Lewis and Nestlé.
About the role:
We are sustainability experts, the trusted advisors to scores of the world’s largest brands and companies. We provide bespoke insight and strategy to our clients and as a key member of the Sancroft consultancy team, you will be helping to drive Sancroft’s brand and profile as a centre of excellence in sustainability, to the benefit of our clients.
Your focus will be on business development, high-quality service delivery, team development, creative thinking and effective storytelling – you will be pivotal in ensuring we grow our client base and deliver work at an outstanding level of quality, on time and to budget.
As a Consultant, you will be taking the lead and assisting colleagues in delivering existing client work and supporting Sancroft’s thought leadership position through knowledge sharing internally and innovative thought leadership externally. Leading small project teams, you will have the opportunity to showcase your team management skills; motivating others, and mentoring and inspiring their work.
Inputting into the broader business, you will be working with the Chief Exec in shaping and planning Sancroft’s strategy to win new profitable clients and create a robust business for the future. You will be proactively networking and profile-raising through events and initiatives and working closely with our communications and marketing team to host our own events and roundtables throughout the year..
We are looking for ambitious and talented individuals to help build and develop the Sancroft service and team. The successful candidate will be an experienced individual with strong business and commercial acumen, with a curious and entrepreneurial mind. We will be looking for applicants to demonstrate the following key skills and attributes:
- Solid experience of working in a consulting and/or advisory environment
- Proven track record in devising sustainability strategies and/or ESG integration in investment decision and/or managing environmental impacts and/or developing responsible coursing and ethical trade programmes
- Strong degree in science, engineering, economics, environment, or other relevant discipline
- New business development experience/skills
- Passion & enthusiasm for sustainability
- Drive and ambition to move the business forward strategically and to provide client service to the utmost quality
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to a diverse range of project work
- Strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Self-starter with can-do attitude
- Exceptional personal standards and communication skills (written and spoken)
- Ability to direct own work and that of others
- Team player
Why should you join Sancroft?
You will be joining a hugely entrepreneurial and collaborative company. The content of our project work is broad and varied and constantly changing. We challenge business to think differently. We work to empower business to make sustainable profits. We work with clients that recognise the opportunities in sustainability and want to make profits of which they can be proud. Our work helps them succeed, now and in the future.
As a boutique consultancy, you will have the advantage and the scope to:
- Direct, drive, and develop your career faster and in the direction that suits you
Pursue sustainability areas that interest you
- Work across different subject areas within the sustainability spectrum (you won’t be restricted by siloes)
- Work in a flat structure which provides ready access and a listening ear to the senior management team
- Experience high-level responsibility; you will be privy to business opportunities at a very senior level
- Grow your team and line management responsibilities
What we can offer you:
- Committed culture that is passionate about sustainability issues and making a difference.
- Plenty of training and personal development; the opportunity to drive and develop your learning/career
- A flat structure, but one with career opportunities
- Friendly environment in which staff are valued, listened to and supported
Salary and benefits:
- Competitive base salary with bonus potential
- Pension contribution
- 20 days paid leave, in addition to Christmas office closure and UK public holidays. Holiday entitlement increases with length of service
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Flexible working arrangements allowing for reasonable differences in start/stop times; work from home by arrangement.
- Office perks including use of shower and refreshments.
Be involved in the future of Sancroft and apply:
Please forward your CV and covering letter to Georgina North, HR Manager:
Click Here to Email Us