Recruitment at Sancroft
Sustainability / ESG (Senior) Analyst
Sancroft is currently seeking a Sustainability/ESG Senior Analyst or Analyst (depending on level of experience) to join the team and support our Consultants on a wide range of sustainability topics. We provide bespoke sustainability insight and strategy to our clients and as a member of the Consultancy team, you will be helping to drive Sancroft’s brand and profile as a centre of excellence in sustainability, to the benefit of our clients.
As a (Senior) Analyst, you will work very closely with Consultants on client projects – there is plenty of team collaboration and scope to get involved. In this role, you can expect to:
- Collect information from desk-based research, corporate reports, government reports etc and summarise for clients and/or colleagues.
- Distil and synthesise large amounts of quantitative and qualitative information to draw out key findings and trends. This could be in the form of a competitor/peer benchmark or to support a materiality assessment.
- Develop expertise on new policy developments and corporate trends in key areas.
- Prepare briefings on a variety of risks, opportunities and key stakeholders ahead of external meetings and events.
- Prepare for and attend client meetings.
- Support the preparation of new business proposals.
- Primary data collection including client interviews, surveys and questionnaire development.
- Secondary data collection of publicly available information for benchmarking, briefings.
- Production of briefings and case studies for clients on a variety of different issues.
- Contribute to the strengthening of Sancroft as an organisation through participation in regular team meetings, training and knowledge transfer, writing insights for our newsletter, and assisting in the planning and execution of internal development activities.
- Responsible for managing small, internal projects.
We are looking for individuals who can demonstrate the following key skills and attributes:
- Good understanding of sustainability approaches, frameworks, regulation and reporting.
- Detail-oriented and thorough.
- Quick to learn and adapt to new challenges.
- Able to distil large amounts of information from various sources.
- Highly organised, with excellent administration skills.
- A relevant Bachelors and Masters degree or equivalent relevant experience
- Ideal candidates will have two or more years of relevant professional experience in sustainability/candidates with consulting experience preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Proven ability to connect with range of stakeholders and be a team player in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, with the ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines.
- Enthusiastic team player.
- Professional manner when dealing with clients across all levels of seniority.
- Willingness & flexibility to adapt to the Company’s needs
- Right to work in the UK is essential
No candidate will meet every single desired requirement. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
Start date: as soon as possible
Salary and benefits:
- Competitive base salary – starting from £28,000 p.a. depending on the level of experience
- Salary sacrifice pension contribution
- 25 days paid leave, in addition to Christmas office closure and UK public holidays. Holiday entitlement increases with length of service
- Interest-free season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Office perks including use of shower and refreshments.
To apply, please send your CV and completed application questions below to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please limit answers to 250 words per question.
- Please explain why you are applying for this role
- Please provide examples to demonstrate how you meet the core requirements for this role
- What do you think are the most important emerging sustainability issues that businesses/investors need to be aware of and why?
At Sancroft we believe in creating a just and sustainable world through the energy, ingenuity, and impact of business and finance.
Meet our team of ESG specialists.
Don’t forget to follow Sancroft on LinkedIn.