Executive Assistant & Office Manager
Published on 12/04/2017
Founded in 1997 by former Secretary of State for the Environment, Lord Deben (The Rt Hon. John Gummer), Sancroft is a London and Washington DC based sustainability consultancy. We help some of the world’s biggest brands improve their ethical, environmental and social performance. Sancroft’s clients include The Coca-Cola Company, Primark, John Lewis and Nestlé.
About the role:
Sancroft is looking for an Executive Assistant and Office Manager to co-ordinate and manage Lord Deben’s schedule and oversee the day-to-day organisation of the office, across three floors of a townhouse in Westminster.
The role will be varied but core responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the efficient organisation and provision of the Chairman’s diary, the sorting, filtering of and replying to invitations and requests for meetings;
- Liaising with the Chairman’s other connected offices;
- Co-ordinating the Chairman’s diary with other key staff members’ diaries and with family commitments;
- Arranging meetings, telephone and conference calls;
- Making all travel arrangements for the Chairman;
- Carrying out any ad-hoc assistant work for the Chairman for example proof reading articles and taking meeting notes.
- Opening and sorting post;
- Greeting guests, organising refreshments when required;
- Overseeing the telephone system, fire alarm system, door entry system;
- Liaising with IT support;
- Overseeing catering matters.
- Be highly organised, attentive to detail, hard working and able to work well under pressure;
- Be able to prioritise tasks effectively;
- Have a pleasant telephone manner;
- Be discreet and professional, capable of dealing with very senior executives and their offices;
- Be forward-thinking, able to use initiative;
- Show good judgement and be able to plan ahead.
Start date: To start as soon as possible.
Salary: £25k – £28k p.a. (plus pension contribution) depending on experience
Location: St James’s Park, Central London
Cover Letter & CV to be sent to:
020 7960 7900
Sustainability Strategy Consultant
Published on 16/11/2016
Sancroft is a leading sustainability consultancy, founded in 1997 by The Rt Hon. John Gummer, Lord Deben, with offices in London and Washington D.C. We help some of the world’s leading businesses improve their environmental, ethical and social performance.
Current clients include The Coca-Cola Company, Nestlé, Primark, Whitbread and John Lewis Partnership.
We are looking for a new Sustainability Strategy Consultant to join our growing team.
Your role will include the following primary responsibilities:
- Providing outstanding strategic sustainability consultancy advice to British, US and international clients
- Developing new client relationships and winning new business, equal in value to at least five times your income
- Working with our team of Consultants and Analysts to share learning and contribute to the intellectual rigour of our organisation
The successful applicant will have:
- At least three years experience in sustainability strategy
- Excellent project management experience
- Demonstrable experience developing new business
- Substantial understanding of a broad range of CR issues including social, ethical, human rights and environmental issues
- Creativity and intellectual curiosity
- A relevant postgraduate academic qualification is desirable but not essential
- Attractive salary + performance related bonus
- Contributory pension
The role will be based at our office in Central London (St James’s Park), with anticipated routine business travel.
M: +44 7540 611832