Associate Director, Atlanta, Georgia
Jeff has over 30 years of experience in helping large and small companies successfully incorporate sustainability strategies into core business functions.
Based in Atlanta, GA, Jeff’s key areas of focus include: food waste prevention; recycling; energy and water efficiency; venture capital and social impact investing; and hydroponic vertical farming.
During his 20 years of service at The Coca-Cola Company, Jeff played key leadership roles developing and incorporating world class sustainability goals and objectives into seven functions including: emerging brands; public affairs; policy; strategy; innovation; venture capital investments; and customer development.
Key accomplishments include:
- Co-authored The Coca-Cola Company’s environmental policy for sales and marketing equipment – resulted in helping reduce equipment energy use by 40%+ and establishing Coca-Cola as one of the first global companies to commit to being HFC-free
- Provided sustainability support to over 120 Coca-Cola customer teams
- Developed Coca-Cola’s strategy for use of recycled content PET
- Managed development of a five pillar strategy on sustainability for a major food service customer that played a key role in Coca-Cola retaining business in 21 countries in Europe
- Assisted leading international hotel and resort firm develop a sustainable bottled water strategy, enabling Coca-Cola to win the bottled water business
- Helped the Coca-Cola International customer team successfully integrate sustainability into their relationship with a leading retail customer
- Helped design the Coca-Cola Environmental Council
- Helped design Coca-Cola’s water stewardship framework
- Co-designed The Coca-Cola Company Environment & Water Function
Jeff has worked extensively with Sancroft for nearly 20 years while at the Coca-Cola Company.
Jeff’s community service assignments include: City of Atlanta Mayor’s Task Force on Controlled Environment Agriculture; National Restaurant Association Conserve Council; Board of Directors, My Father’s House International orphanage in El Salvador; and Board of Directors Keep America Beautiful. Passionate about the positive influence of sports on young people, Jeff has served as a volunteer coach for more than 25 youth sports teams.
With extensive NGO board experience and previous consulting assignments managing projects for the US EPA and US Department of Energy, Jeff understands the value of collaborations between civil society, government and business.
Jeff earned a BA degree in Political Science and a second major in History from The State University of New York College at Fredonia.